Introduction

Anything that does not belong in the above categories.
sharpmz

Re: Introduction

Post by sharpmz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:07 pm

hlide wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:56 am
Well, if their text can be retrieved by a tool, I could have them translated with a translator then correct them.
I've sent them back to the owner.

Gortho

Post by Gortho » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:01 pm

So time for me, eh?

- male
- Poland

My first ever computer was MZ-731 with just a few programs and games included... Maybe that was the reason I got into programming. Could not play anything unless I wrote it myself ;) Started with BASIC, then learned assembly basics from the sharp manual by reading monitor listing :D

Lots of fun. Unfortunately long time ago I got rid of my old sharp. Then recently i decided to bring back some nostalgia and bought MZ-821. It was in a bit miserable state, but after some cleaning and soldering everything seems to be in perfect order.

Pacman

Post by Pacman » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi everybody!

- male too
- South West of France
- The MZ-721 was my first computer in the summer of 1984

I discovered the computer the previous year thanks to the college that had MO5 nano-network.
I have developed a lot of programs for the MZ-721 including some games like Catacombes (Sharp Basic), or Catacombes+ (Kuma Compiler) that have been on the site for about ten years now.
Currently I develop a software that can translate wav format tapes to mzf type files to recover all my programs directly without going through my MZ-721.
I am currently finalizing an MZ-700 emulator under Lazarus: the 1Z-013B monitor, the PCG-700, the sharp Basic, the kuma basic, the kuma compiler, and practically all the games I've been able to recover are working.
Finally, I have a digital interface project between a PC connected USB and a Sharp MZ-700 to exchange two-way data.

Regards

MZnewbie

Post by MZnewbie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am

Hello!

- male
- Wales

Dragon 64 was my first computer at the end of 1983, but I really wanted an MZ-700 that I had seen in a small computer shop window (I think it was an MZ-731) but never bought one in the end. Fast forward to the end of 2018 and I have finally got an MZ-700 of my own (a 711 that has the cassette and plotter upgrades) It is supposed to be in working order, but I haven't powered it up yet until I re-cap the boards especially the power board. So thank you for the tips and info that I have already gleaned from this site and I look forward (or is it backwards?) to using the computer that I wanted all those years ago.

mz-80a

Post by mz-80a » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:33 am

Welcome :)
MZ-80A Secrets
https://mz-80a.com/

Sharpworks (Sharp MZ homebrew)
http://mz-sharpworks.co.uk/

dat-alex

Post by dat-alex » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:40 am

Hello

-male
-Greece

my first computer was (is) Commdore 64
recentrly bacame a proud owner of an MZ80K and trying all kind of DIY projects with it!

CRG

Post by CRG » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:50 am

Hello all.

I've recently picked up a sharp mz-700 from ebay sold as spares repair and I'm looking forward to getting it back up and running. The machine is still in transit to me but I know it needs some work as 2 buttons are missing on the keyboard so I'll be looking to source those or an alternative button that suits. I'm hoping the not working state will be down to a faulty PSU (bad caps seem like a common problem) and I'm expecting the tape drive will need some maintenance. Once I get this wee machine up and running I'm looking forward to experiencing some of the software on offer.

So anyway my name is Glen I'm 37 years old (38 next Friday actually) and I'm a bit of a collector (boarding on hoarder lol) of retro consoles and computers but this is my first leap into the sharp mz range so I'm looking forward to getting started.

See you in the forums.