Introduction

Anything that does not belong in the above categories.
psmart

Re: Introduction

Post by psmart » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:28 am

Hi and welcome.

I just sold 2 MZ-1F11 as I was having a clear out (under orders!!). The problem with them (at least the 2 I had) is the drive belt, it ages and stretches and thus the disk doesn't spin at the right RPM. I never got to change the belts but I did strip down the drives to clean them after buying and it is not so hard to change the belt. Getting the belt though, I couldn't source an original and I was going to get one from www.gbaudio.co.uk as they have a lot, basically you use a piece of string or cotton to size the belt and choose the profile (square, round, flat etc). I never got to complete this task though and sold them on before doing it.

MZ-808

Post by MZ-808 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:32 pm

thanx a lot for the interesting reply concerning the mz-1f11 qdd, psmart!

i also supposed that it could have something to do with the old belt in the drive... especially after watching several videos on youtube about similar problems concerning belt-driven devices...

i may see, if i can replace the belt on my qdd... as i always thought that it's rather weird that it still runs somehow, but doesn't seem to load any of the programs stored on the qds anymore... :?

well... wish me luck considering the belt replacement possibility! ;-)

cheers! :-)
>> MZ-808 <<

psmart

Post by psmart » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am

Good luck :) shouldnt be too hard, i have to do the same for my 80A tape drive and replace the belt, works fine with tapes it records but very temperamental with existing tapes. What amazes me is how well this stuff still works!

ralphyke

Post by ralphyke » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Hi

I'm new to the MZ-700 (I have a MZ-721 that I picked up at a boot fair many years ago and have only just dug it out of storage and playing with it). However, do you know where I can at least get BASIC on tape from as I literally can't do anything without that.

When I was growing up, I had a Vic 20 then C64 and then Amiga so I'm very retro friendly and nostalgic. So for a machine that I had never seen before, I'm curious to get it running something. It does switch on and when I press L it wants me to load a tape, but I don't have any tapes :-(

Thanks
Ralph