Original software from SUC for MZ 800

fitus

Original software from SUC for MZ 800

Post by fitus »

Hello friends,
is there any possibility of getting software from sharp user club for MZ 800/700 online?
There are some interesting products, for example, graphic editor Pixel, some text editors...

Does anybody have these programs?
I do not know if there are copyright issues, I hope not.
S_U_C

Re: Original software from SUC for MZ 800

Post by S_U_C »

Hi
the Sharp Users Club had died 1980-2020 due to lack of members,
Last SUC magazine 2020 vol2 November issue is still at the printers (lockdown problems)
I have a large selection of tape and disks for various Sharp machines.
I have an 800 basic disk marked PIXEL (EPSON) but can not access it, as all my 360K drives are in need of servicing, clogged up read heads from reading 40 year old disks.
I am hoping to start repairs soon as I will have free time, not writing the SUC now.
I got myself a KryoFlux to archive the floppys by the 1.2M drive is also clogged up.
The PIXEL disk is only 25 years old, so after I have cleaned up the drives I might be able to read it.
fitus

Post by fitus »

Thank you and all the guys from SUC for all the work you did for MZ stuff. It would be great if it could be possible to get the software from the past online and preserve it for the future. How many members would be needed to restart SUC? May be for the last task- to get the software online. I raise my hand up.
mz-80a

Post by mz-80a »

Sadly there are many times the members of just the individual Facebook MZ groups than there are members of the SUC. People don't want to pay to be a member of anything anymore therefore they migrate elsewhere. I also agree that we should really aim to digitally preserve the SUC's contents. I have all of the club magazines and can scan them / OCR them in.
MZ-80A Secrets
https://mz-80a.com/

Sharpworks (Sharp MZ homebrew)
https: //mz-sharpworks.co.uk/
fitus

Post by fitus »

It would be nice to to see all the club magazines online. So if you have the possibilities (and time), many guys here will appreciate it.