MZ-SD2CMT - correct wiring?

hlide

Re: MZ-SD2CMT - correct wiring?

Post by hlide »

If the progress bar is not moving, it means the Arduino is in pause forced by the MZ-700 (MOTOR turned OFF). When trying to load, check if the SENSE signal is low and the MOTOR signal is high (motor on).
hlide

Post by hlide »

tingo wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:19 pm This afternoon I tried again. Checked my wiring - it looks ok.
Marcus Lausch tried your configuration and it works perfect for him. So far, there are two people who has a working unit. I start to think your firmware is probably not working as expected as I remembered you had issues to build one that I never had.

He also tried other configurations like through QD drive or external and it works for him. I'm not certain he tries the ultra-fast mode though.

Here is the link on his website : https://www.marcuslausch.de/2019/02/05/ ... mz-sd2cmt/
paranoid64

Post by paranoid64 »

and now I am registered here :). it works great for me.
hlide

Post by hlide »

My mistake, Tingo!

the code is using a One-Shot-Pulse generated at pin 2 and not at pin 3. I've just realized it when changing the MEGA and have the same issue than you. Pin 3 was in used when there were some play algorithms still using a simple bit toggling. When all algorithms started to use OSP, I totally forgot to change the MZT_DO define which was never used thenceforth. And the documentation was not updated properly as well.
tingo wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:59 pm I have finally been able to test the MZ-SD2CMT with my MZ-721. I removed the data recorder and wired up the Mega2560 to P-12 like this:

Code: Select all

P-12        Mega2560
 4 Motor - SSI  16 MZT_MI
 5 Sense - SSO  18 MZT_CS
 6 + 5V
 7 Write - SDI  15 MZT_DI
 8 Read  - SDO   3 MZT_DO
 9 GND   - GND
+ 5V on P-12 is not connected; I use the usb to power the Mega2560 as I need to use the serial monitor in Arduino IDE for the time being.
The wiring is like this in the source code; I also tried changing pin 3 (MZT_DO) to pin 17 as the README file says. But - the MZ-SD2CMT doesn't work.
I press 'L' in the monitor, the select button on the MZ-SD2CMT (I used 1Z-013B.mzf as a test file), the display on the MZ-SD2CMT shows the playing message and nothing more happens.

I have also put back the data recorder and verified that it works; I can still load basic from real tape.

Any hints?
tingo

Post by tingo »

I have tested now, with pin2 on the Mega 2560 connected instead of pin 3. And now it works - I can load 1Z-013B.mzf (BASIC) and other files from the mz-sd2cmt. Nice!

Now I just need to figure out which of those .mzf files can be loaded from the monitor and which needs to be loaded from BASIC.
--
Torfinn
hlide

Post by hlide »

Marcus Lausch told me he was able to load several Basic programs using .WAV and .MZF files. But you must do it in normal mode. Binary program can be loaded in ultrafast mode (~20s for 48KB loading - I modified the firmware so you can see in which mode you are on the screen now).
Note that I added IR feature (thanks to Marcus lausch) and OLED 128x64 (I like it better than the LCD16x2).