Expansion Bus Connector for MZ-700

jejump

Expansion Bus Connector for MZ-700

Post by jejump »

Hello All,

I just bought a MZ-700 from an eBay seller. It was advertised as not working but I feel I have a pretty good chance of repairing whatever is wrong. Description reads like classic power supply failure.

I hope to build and connect some custom external hardware for this machine. I have found pin contact function information on sharpmz.org for the expansion bus, but nowhere on the web have I been able to find anyone mentioning what mating connector works with this machine's expansion bus. If anyone here knows where to purchase this card edge connector from, I'd sure appreciate the tip. Otherwise, I guess I'll wait until the unit gets here to figure it out.

Thanks in advance and thanks for having me as part of the community here!

John
jejump

Re: Expansion Bus Connector for MZ-700

Post by jejump »

I've attached a couple of images. This is the connector I BELIEVE should work. If anyone can confirm dimension 'B' in photo 1 for the 50 contact version of this connector, that would probably be enough for me to place an order for a couple of these. Should be just over 6.5 CM if I've found the right thing. I found these on eBay, BTW:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5pc-Industrial ... XQHeBSEH~l

Thanks in advance,
John
Attachments
50_Pin_Card_Edge_2.jpg
jejump

Post by jejump »

50_Pin_Card_Edge_1.png
hlide

Post by hlide »

Sounds correct for me.
jejump

Post by jejump »

Thanks for looking into that for me, hlide. These connectors are cheap enough, I think I'll go ahead and purchase a couple. If it's wrong, it's not going to drain my bank account to try.

Thanks again!
John
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

This connector works for Sharp MZ-700.
I ordered them here:

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/50-Pcs-2 ... 21421.html

in 2x25p in 50 pieces
jejump

Post by jejump »

Pacman,

Thanks for sharing your link. I think (and hope) your connector is the same connector for all intents and purposes, aside from the fact that the one I found has right angle pins. The 'B' dimension for both connectors has almost negligible difference. If that connector has previously worked for you, I can feel good about the connector purchase I've already made without actually having my MZ-700 here first. :D

John
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

Yes I use it for my PCB and it fits perfectly in the connector of Sharp MZ-700.
The 90 ° ebay connector works because I have it too.