MZ2TAPE: Fast transfer 100ko / min through the tape socket / MZ2TAPE : Transfert rapide 100ko/min par la prise cassette

hlide

Re: MZ2TAPE: Fast transfer 100ko / min through the tape socket / MZ2TAPE : Transfert rapide 100ko/min par la prise casse

Post by hlide »

FR:

Eh eh eh. Non, il me reste encore en réserve quelques idées à tester. Mais avec ton code, je vais pouvoir les tester rapidement. Mon soucis actuel, c'est que depuis que je me suis mis à la collection des MZ et à faire joujou avec l'Arduino (à cause d'un lecteur de cassette non fonctionnel), je n'ai très peu de temps car en semaine je travaille à un endroit qui est à 50 KM de mon lieu de collection. Je ne peux donc que bidouiller en weekend. Or, je ne suis pas toujours entièrement disponible. Donc mes idées trainent depuis des mois. Et, attention, je ne dis pas que j'y ai pensé à utiliser WRITE comme synchro ou mettre du code dans le commentaire de l'entête bien avant toi ! mais que j'en avais eu aussi l'idée et que je suis juste jaloux que tu m'ais damé le pion dans leur réalisation ;p.

Pour cette histoire à deux fils (SD, SC), je n'ai pas dit mon dernier mot :).

Je ne suis pas éléctronicien mais j'essaye de m'équiper autant que possible pour être en mesure d'en faire. J'ai bien une imprimante 3D (ANET A8) mais au final je l'ai fait installée à mon lieu de travail car je la voyais mal comment l'installer chez moi - d'autant que des professionnels l'ont bien monté et songe à lui ajouter une cage/cloche pour de l'impression ABS éventuelle.

Donc la coque de remplacement avec un lecteur moderne, ça m'intéresse mais je n'en ai pas l'expertise suffisante pour le faire. De plus, je ne suis toujours pas satisfait pour l'IHM utilisé que ce soit pour le mien ou le tien - donc du coup c'est un peu dur de s'imaginer comment faire la coque et que mettre dedans.

Précision: j'ai retiré la cage métalique renfermant le RF et le signal composite tellement le rendu était mauvais pour me servir directement du RGBS et le filer à une Péritel. Là encore, j'aimerais une solution plus élégante de cablage.

EN:

Eh eh. No, I still have some ideas left to test. But with your code, I will be able to test them quickly. My current concern is that since I started to collect several MZs and play with the Arduino (because of a broken tape player), I have very little time because during the week I work at a place that is 50 KM from my collection place. So I can only hack at the weekend. But I'm not always fully available. So my ideas have been dragging on for months. And, be aware, I'm not saying that I thought about using WRITE as a sync or put the code in the comment part of the header well before you! but that I had those ideas too and that I am just jealous that you outwitted me ;p.

For this story with only two wires (SD, SC), it's not over yet :).

I am not an electronics engineer but I try to equip myself as much as possible to be able to do it. I have a 3D printer (ANET A8) but in the end, I made it installed at my place of work because I could not see how to install it at home - especially as professionals have mounted it well and think to add a cage/bell over for possible ABS printing.

So the replacement shell with a modern player, I'm interested in it but I do not have the expertise to do it. In addition, I am still not satisfied with the GUI used either for mine or yours - so suddenly it's a little hard to imagine how to make the shell and put it in.

Precision: I removed the metal cage containing the RF and the composite signal because the rendering was so bad in order to get RGBS directly and pin them to a SCART. Again, I would like a more elegant solution of wiring.
Pacman

Re: MZ2TAPE: Fast transfer 100ko / min through the tape socket / MZ2TAPE : Transfert rapide 100ko/min par la prise casse

Post by Pacman »

EN:
I'm sorry but since I found my Sharp MZ-700 and my notes, I wanted to implement with the current means.
The protocol I used in the arduino comes from a reflection dating from the period of my first PC: How to transfer all programs from sharp to PC. It worked through the parallel socket of the time (photo on the previous page) and allowed me to save my floppy disks. "According to my notes, I had a speed of 140k per minute. years.
I can not wait to see your new ideas. ;)

For the RF, I have a metal case with RGB coming out and a direct SCART connection (original circuit). The circuit seems to be very simple: some transistors and resistors, single-sided circuit. If it interests you I could make some photos and you specify the references of the components to reproduce it. :)
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

FR:
Je suis désolé mais depuis que j'ai retrouvé mon Sharp MZ-700 et mes notes, j'avais envie de mettre en oeuvre avec les moyens actuels.
Le protocole que j'ai utilisé dans l'arduino vient d'une réflexion datant de la période de mon premier PC : Comment transférer tous les programmes de sharp vers PC. Il fonctionnait via la prise parallèle de l'époque (photo page précédente) et m'a permis de sauvegarder mes disquettes 5". D'après mes notes, j'avais une vitesse de 140ko par minute. Ça fait maintenant une bonne vingtaine d'années.
Je suis impatient de voir tes nouvelles idées. ;)

Pour le RF, j'ai un boitier métalique avec du RGB qui sort et une connexion péritel directe (circuit d'origine). Le circuit m'a l'air d'être très simple : quelques transistors et résistances, circuit simple face. Si ça t'interesse je pourrais t'en faire quelques photos et te préciser les références des composants afin de le reproduire. :)
hlide

Post by hlide »

Of course, I'll be glad to see your pictures.
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

FR:
Nouvelle adresse des sources (centralisation avec hlide):
https://github.com/SHARPENTIERS/mzf2tape

EN:
New address for sources (centralization with hlide):
https://github.com/SHARPENTIERS/mzf2tape
Buleste

Post by Buleste »

I'm one of the creators of ArduiTape/CASDuino/TZXDuino, has anyone tried adapting the CASDuino or TZXDuino firmwares so that it can playback the basic MZF files at normal speed? I'm not sure if it would be able to try the 4x speed settings but it should be able to do the x2 or x3 settings.
hlide

Post by hlide »

I don't think so. To be honest, trying to keep playing WAV files while you can play almost 20000 baud through the same lines (not the jack plug but the TTL lines) but using a different protocol and load 48KB of MZF file in 20s is not making those turbo modes very attractive.

But, yeah, it could be adapted, but a link to an open-source project would help to see if it could happen.

As for turbo x4, I think it won't work reliably because the zero pulse is probably too small to be captured by the Z80 reliably (it may miss one because of a time shifting).
Buleste

Post by Buleste »

Sorry about that.

Yes. A link to open source.

Here's my blog about the ArduiTape/CAS/TZXDuino projects.https://arduitape.blogspot.com/

There is a github but it's out of date at the moment.

I'm working on a version of MFZ2WAV that outputs at 22050Hz for the ArduiTape to use. It's a quick change of the current source code but I'm having issues getting it to compile atm although I haven't tried for a few days.
hlide

Post by hlide »

Which version of MZF2WAV? I have one which compiles fine with Visual Studio 2017. It is based on MZF2WAV but with some modifications as to output LEP and WAF files and the PWM timings.