Unicard - is it possible to get it?

hlide

Re: Unicard - is it possible to get it?

Post by hlide »

Interesting! I wasn't sure about the version of DirtyPCB. The thing is it seems to be for the MZ-800. I'm much more interested in the MZ-700 version and soon in the MZ-1500 version too and I cannot find whether they would be some differences.

I would love to contribute to the development. I can also contribute to English/French translation as well. Are you the one who contacted me regarding MZ-1500, right?
Gortho

Post by Gortho »

Hi Martin,

As we have you here, I have a question... would it be possible to get gerber files for example? We could then get PCBs done by other fabs maybe.
For some reason I don't like dPCB :)

I'd love to offer my assistance with translation and/or development

S.
Martin8bity

Post by Martin8bity »

Hi, I am sorry, you have to use DirtyPCBs as NOBOMI did not release the Gerber files public yet. Maybe some time. What is the problem with DirtyPCBs? I use them quite often without problems. 44+10 USD for 10 PCBs is a fair price, it is about 5.40 USD per PCB, which sounds cheap to me.

Unicard is the same for MZ-700/800/1500. It differs just by firmware. The MZ-700 needs some kind of adapter to change the slot/edge connector pinout. You can use MZ-1U03 or some simple board or cable to change the wiring. There was once a special Unicard version Mk3c, but only difference was the connector pinout. There is (in beta version at the moment) simple adapter, co it should be possible to use one card for all MZ computers. We are thinking about firmware for MZ-2500 too, as the slot is the same.

Regards

Martin
Martin's 8-bit blog
www.8bity.cz
hlide

Post by hlide »

Ok, I was looking for a mk3c PCB but couldn't find it. I'm not an electronics expert but I certainly try to get electronics stuff. I guess with the right BOM and how to make the simple adapter, I could build one. So $54 for 10 PCBs? I guess I can build at least 3 for my MZ-700, my MZ-800, and my future MZ-1500. 7 PCBs left in hands, not sure what I can do with. Supposedly we can customize the firmware, is there a way to get the Unicard to work on an MZ-80K and on a future MZ-80A? I don't have an MZ-2500 and when I spotted one in "Japan Auction!", its price rocketed too much.

Here is one of my last acquisition to be able to solder SMTs in a single pass, a large ReflowR:
LargeReflowR.jpg
Martin8bity

Post by Martin8bity »

We put togehter some information and kind of "user manual" for Unicard Mk3b at https://www.sharpwiki.cz/doku.php?id=en:unicard. How many people here would be interested in Unicard? We are considering some small scale "mass" production, so anyone could get one or two or more. We just would like to know some estimates of interest. You can write it here or send me an e-mail to martin@8bity.cz. No idea about the pricing yet, id could be something around 70-80 EUR. It is a very rough estimate and will depend on the interest and quantity produced.
Martin's 8-bit blog
www.8bity.cz
hlide

Post by hlide »

I'm in (MZ-700, MZ-800 and MZ-1500).
JihemB

Post by JihemB »

+1 I'm interested to get a Unicard Mk3b too :-).

JihemB
Gortho

Post by Gortho »

+1 :)
Pacman

Post by Pacman »

+1 ;)
tingo

Post by tingo »

I'm guessing that this unicard would work with a MZ-721? If it does, I'm interested in one.
--
Torfinn