EmuZ-80

mz-80a

EmuZ-80

Post by mz-80a »

The best emulator I've found (for Windows) is the Japanese EmuZ-80 one, found here:

http://takeda-toshiya.my.coocan.jp/mz80k/index.html

it seems to emulate the sound really well for the MZ-80 machines (not tried MZ-700). Like most of the MZ emulators the timing is not perfect though. For instance my Z80 interrupt routines to make changes to the screen needs to be adjusted quite a lot to work at all.

Anyone aware of any other emulators? (other than Multisystem which doesn't seem as good as the above)
MZ-80A Secrets
https://mz-80a.com/

Sharpworks (Sharp MZ homebrew)
https: //mz-sharpworks.co.uk/
hlide

Re: EmuZ-80

Post by hlide »

I bought a MiSTer (Terassic DE10-nano). One day, I'll retrieve MZ cores and check them. I think there is an MZ-80 A core done with a DE FPGA, but it may need some adjustments. Not sure if FPGA implementation of MZ can be fit in emulator category though.
KnaxMax

Post by KnaxMax »

I tried the EmuZ-800 and think it is quite nice, but the code is very Windows specific. A more portable solution would be nice, as I plan to migrate to Linux, after Windows 7 supports ends.

This portable emulator has some potential, also the GTK GUI is still very basic:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mz800emu/
hlide

Post by hlide »

If you want portable, why not using Qt 5 as UI?
sharpmz

Post by sharpmz »

I'm not up to date in the Windows emu scene. Can anyone tell me:
Which emulator is able to use 80char or 40char CP/M (2.2, 3.1, P-CPM-80, CP/M LEC+ and others)?
Which emulator emulates most of all MZs?
Which emulator is able to use K&P disk images?
Which emulator is able to emulate the K&P graphic interface (700)?
Which emulator is able to emulate the SUC 80char card?
Which emulator is able to emulate the K&P 80char card?
Which emulator is able to emulate a RAM card?
Which emulator is able to emulate the plotter?
Which emulator routes the output of print/plot commands into a text file and to a screen?
Which emulator is able to extract files from a disk or QD image?
Which emulator supports the Z80 programmer with assembler, debugging, disassembler, single step and more?
Which emulator has a dir cmd (QD and Floppy)?
Which emulator is able to use different screen attributes (size/frames/colors)?
Which emulator allows a screen shot?
Which emulator emulates a tape recorder and up to 4 disk drives (using ALL known formats)?
Which emulator emulates a quick disc (read and write)?
Which emulator supports European and Japanese keyboards (virtual / real)?
Which emulator supports European and Japanese CG-ROMs by one click?
Which emulator supports mouse, RS232?
WWhich emulator has a tape preloader support?
What about support for 1E05, 1F11, 1R12, 1R18, SFD700, WOOKY (800), scan line mode, 80column Basic versions, 80k PCG?
That is what I want from an emu. Maybe, my list is incomplete.
UncleBod

Post by UncleBod »

KnaxMax wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:33 pm I tried the EmuZ-800 and think it is quite nice, but the code is very Windows specific. A more portable solution would be nice, as I plan to migrate to Linux, after Windows 7 supports ends.

This portable emulator has some potential, also the GTK GUI is still very basic:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mz800emu/
A new version was released 16th of September.
I haven't tried the older version, but the new compiles on Linux and the size of the download (tgz) is about 50% bigger...

It do have a lot of extras, like FD, QD, RAM-file, CMT, several inbuilt ROMs etc.

Might be worth a new look for those who hasn'r been there for some time.

/UncleBod
Sharpals

Post by Sharpals »

you wrote : ther than Multisystem which doesn't seem as good as the above

Thats right for your hardware hacks .... but the emu was started at 1995 under plain DOS.

The goal of that emu is, to bring up the most software up under win32 and should run with an P1 and 8MB !!!! ( yes he starts under NT3.51 ).

Many people helped me, to collect information about the machines and i wired them into the emu.
The new is MZ80K color from SUC-UK !!

Your software is very special and very fine, but its very hard to modify the emu for that.
If there are hundred of programms, there are using it , i would do that. But , sorry not for 5 demos.
But if you like, you can help me to modify one 80A core into singlelinemode and reconfigurable CTC.
hlide

Post by hlide »

Sharpals wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:39 pm Many people helped me, to collect information about the machines and i wired them into the emu.
The new is MZ80K color from SUC-UK !!
But if you like, you can help me to modify one 80A core into singlelinemode and reconfigurable CTC.
Hi Sharpals,

it is not very clear whether you are connected to EmuZ-80. Are you the author? Or a contributor ? It would be great if you can tell more about you in this regard.

As for the post owner, I don't think he was criticizing EmuZ-80. In fact, it is probably the best in his mind. I also think so. The fact that it is open-source and pretty readable makes it a great ressource how to address hardward ressources - including the specific ones not in the genuine MZs.
Sharpals

Post by Sharpals »

no ... my is the Multisystem emu ....
hlide

Post by hlide »

Sharpals wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 am no ... my is the Multisystem emu ....
Complete name and link of your project? I don't see what it is.